Setup Cpanel Email on Outlook
Setting up your Email for your website is fairly straight forward, and you can do so yourself by following the instructions below:
- Go to the tab File in the menu
- Select Add Account near the top of the screen
- Choose Manual setup or additional server types & click Next
- On the next screen, select POP or IMAP and click Next
- The next screen is where you’ll input all of your login credentials The fields you will need to enter are:
- Your Name: The name of the account in Outlook (ie My Business Name)
- Email Address: The full email address – ie firstname.lastname@example.org
- Account Type: select IMAP or POP3 for the account type
- Incoming Mail Server: ie servername.host.net.au
- Outgoing Mail Server: ie servername.host.net.au
- Username: Your full username/email address – ie email@example.com
- Password: Your Password – check the box to remember this
- Select the More Settings button, and do the following:
- On the Outgoing Server tab, check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires Authentication with the radio button on Use the same settings as my incoming mail server
- On the Advanced tab, at Incoming Server input 995 for POP3, or 993 for IMAP, and check This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
- Still on the Advanced tab at Outgoing Server input 465 and then SSL in the dropdown.
- Click Ok and then Next, which will test the account settings. If everything goes well you will see two tasks with green ticks next to them saying the test was complete
- Click on Finish and you will be ready to use your email
- I will have provided your login details, but if you require them again please contact me.
- If email will be viewed from one device, select POP, if email will be viewed from multiple devices select IMAP. Read about the differences here.
- Make sure “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) is NOT CHECKED